I Was a Teenage Sketchbook

The sensual, the surreal, the beauty we overlook on a daily basis, the dark urges, the exotic escapes; words and images by American artist, John Goss.

My Photo
Name:

John Goss was born in Santa Cindy and was raised and lives in Asia/Pacific. Learn more about John at Siamorama

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Surgical Theater

The surgical theater dims revealing an enormous digital stopwatch. It's to be a competition, that's obvious. The trainees appear: young, tanned hybrids with similar notebooks and arrangements of credentials. I've mustered little enthusiasm for the review I'm to write for the digest.

The patients are weeping, only slightly doped. Cross sections of their induced sarcomas are in constant update on the screens. There are capsules of cyanide, like colorful jujubes, on hand in cut crystal dishes on little, silver rolling trays. Aside from decorative exposition, I can't think of anything clever to say. My mind is constantly wandering back to shopping. That is to say, I draw a blank.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home